JANUARY 2015 - JULY 2015

Monday, February 23, 2015

Camping at Lake Kaniere

Hello visitors. After a long time, I will write a new entry. Ths entry is about my trip to Lake Kaniere.

It starts at Saturday. I got up at 8 o'clock and had a breakfast. I went for a bike ride to a friend, who is Timo. He is an another german student. We ride with out bicyles to Lake Kaniere at 12 o'clock. The distance between Hokitika and the Hans Bay at Lake Kaniere, where we stayed, is about 25 km. We didn't use road. We used the tracks along the road. We ride over many mountains and made sometimes short breakes. We arrived at Lake Kaniere at nearly 30 min past 12 o'clock. We buildt our tent in the rain, but after that the weather became better and better. We started to buildt a raft for raft race at Sunday morning. I slept in my tent on the ground, because my bedroll didn't work really well. But the ground of the forest was really comfortable. I got up at 6.30 and took some photos. ( the following ) You can find some more pictures at the pictures page. 



My team, the scouts, won the raft race and after that Timo and me went home again. That's it.