JANUARY 2015 - JULY 2015

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My current favourite place

My favourite place in New Zealand is Lake Mahinapua, because it is the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life. My first impression was the Shanghai Bay at Lake Mahinapua. I am a member of the “Scouts” and one time we started to kayak from the Shanghai Bay over the Lake Mahinapua along a very quiet creek to Hokitika. We need about 4 hours, but the Lake Mahinapua was the best part of our trip. I saw a impressive clear water and in the background high mountains. I was very glad to have the opportunity to drink the water from Lake Mahinapua. Some friends told me, that people died in the Lake. This beautiful place is ideal for water activities. You can swim in the Lake and you should bring always your kayak, because you have the best view in the middle of Lake Mahinapua. You can get a great view to the mountains. The distance between the coastline and Lake Mahinapua is only about 500 meters. I love this Lake because, I need only a short bike ride of about 30 min to come to Lake Mahinapua. If you have got the chance to travel to this stunning place, than you should take your bike and go for a bike ride, to see one of the most important place in New Zealand. One week ago I took a picture of a nice weka. I thought at first, that this could be a Kiwi, but it wasn’t.