JANUARY 2015 - JULY 2015

Monday, May 4, 2015

What happened

Nothing really happened here. In the following entry I am going to tell what actually happened here in Hoktika.
The new term at school started and I was already on the river with my Outdoor Education class. We got at school a new french student, who is going to stay here about 3 month. 4 Thai students arrived as well  and they are here for about 3 weeks. One of them, his english nickname is Pung, lives with my hostfamily and me. A few days ago I ordered huge load of chocolate from my parents, but they send only one kg. It is actually pretty much.
My thinking changed a lot. Now I am really thinking in English and it is now a lot easier for me to write or speak in english. So I am very lucky that I decided to write that blog in english. Because if that blog would be in german, I wouldn't write anything anymore.
I got a nice earthquake-app some month ago and today it has shown me that there were about 7 earthquake in Wanaka. All of them with an intensity over 3.0. The biggest earthquake has happened with an intensity of about 6.0 and that is a really big one. The I am very sorry for the people in Wanaka.
Yesterday I cyceled with Pung the Lake Mahinapua Walkway and it was really fun. We noticed on our half way that the thai-dinner was at about 5 o'clock. Than we need only the half-time to walk the walkway, which was earlier a railway, back. As we arrived at home, Jim told us that the thai-dinner is actually at 6 o'clock.
And I got some pictures for you guys of our walkway and the lovely street.
street to Haast or Queenstown

view from the start of walkway

normal view from school Whanau class room

Okay I think that's it for today, because we will have our dinner now. We are trying Instant Thai Food today. 
The funniest thing about the Thai pasta is, they look like plastic, but they taste awesome. Maybe I will upload a picture. Probably coming soon.